Do you sometimes lack inspiration when it comes to lunch ideas but also, lack of time? Because we do—all the time. Here’s a tasty lunch idea from A Dash of Wholesome that is packed with flavour and that is also healthy, vegetarian and so easy to prep!
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Servings: 6
- 3 cups cooked chickpea, drained and rinsed If using canned chickpeas, this will be about 1 1/2 cans
- 1/3 cup finely diced celery
- 2 large green onions finely diced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise , use a vegan mayo to keep this recipe plant-based
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a large bowl, mash the chickpeas using a potato masher or a fork. I like to mash about 95% of the chickpeas but I like to have a few whole ones to add texture.
- Add in the celery, green onions, dried cranberries and sliced almonds. Give those ingredients a good mix to evenly combine.
- In a small bowl, add in themayonnaise, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, parsley, garlicpowder, salt and pepper. Give the dressing a good mix to combine.
- Pour the dressing in the large bowl and stir to combine.
- Place in an air tight container and refrigerate until you are ready to eat.
- Assemble your sandwich using your favorite bread and toppings, serve and enjoy!
- This chickpea salad should last up to 3 days if store in an air tight container in the fridge.