There's something extremely comforting about warm, fluffy naan breads, and we're glad that Loounie Cuisine has found a way to preserve the great taste of naan bread while offering a vegan version.
To plan : The dough will need to rise for at least 2 hours, ideally 3 to 4 hours.
- 190 mL (3/4 cup) warm water
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) sugar
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) instant yeast
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) plain vegan yogurt
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) olive oil or other vegetable oil
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) maple syrup
- 300 g (2 cups) all-purpose white flour + 2-3 tbsp. as needed
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) salt
- Oil, fresh mint and chili flakes for garnish (optional)
Yeast activation and preparation of liquid ingredients
- In a small bowl, place warm water, sugar and instant yeast. Mix and let stand for at least 10 minutes. A foam should form on the surface.
- Stir in vegan yogurt, oil and maple syrup. Set aside.
Assembly and first kneading of the dough
- In a large bowl, put the 2 cups of flour and the salt. Add the liquid mixture and mix to moisten all the ingredients. Knead the dough for about 3-4 minutes, until it forms a soft ball. If the mixture is too wet, add a little flour (you want a dough that is fairly sticky, but holds together well).
- Cover the ball with a drizzle of olive oil (the oil will help create a barrier between the dough and the air, and will allow for better rising!)
For the complete recipe, click here!