Eggplant lasagna is a delicious vegetarian variation of the classic Italian dish. Slices of eggplant replace the noodles and the filling consists of a variety of vegetables and cheeses. This recipe is easy to follow and can be prepared ahead of time. It is also vegetarian, making it an ideal dish for meatless Mondays. Eggplant lasagna is a hearty and satisfying meal that the whole family will love. So what are you waiting for? Try it now!
- 2 large eggplants, cut into 1 cm thick slices
- 4 zucchini, in 1 cm thick strips
- ¼ cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (2500 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 250g ball fresh mozzarella cheese
- One jar of Julie Snyder Cuisine ricotta sauce
- Fresh basil
- Fresh oregano
- Flower of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F with rack in center position.
- Place eggplant and zucchini slices on two lightly oiled baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Pepper and oil the vegetables generously.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until the vegetables are golden brown. Keep the oven at the same temperature.
- Lightly oil an ovenproof dish.
- Place a first layer of Julie Snyder Ricotta Sauce, a layer of eggplant slices and a layer of zucchini.
- Add a layer of ricotta sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Add fresh basil and oregano generously.
- Repeat to fill your dish.
- Finish with a layer of sauce and slices of fresh mozzarella, parmesan, fleur de sel and fresh pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving and adding fresh basil and oregano.
For the complete recipe, click here!