From lowering your blood sugar levels to providing you with antioxidants or even just making you feel full longer, we all know that oatmeal is extremely good for you. Say goodbye to your morning toasts and shake up your routine with the Coconut and Pear Oatmeal Bake from A Dash of Wholesome. This recipe is gluten-free (check that your oats are certified gluten-free if celiac), dairy-free and completely vegan. What are you waiting for? Let’s get cooking!
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 35 minutes | Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut , unsweetened
- 1/2 cup walnuts , chopped
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups pears , chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup cashew milk , unsweetened
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350F and grease a 10inch cast iron pan or pie plate.
- In a large bowl, add in your oats, shredded coconut, chopped walnuts, hemp seeds, salt and baking powder. Give your dry ingredients a mix to combine. Set aside while we work on the wet ingredients.
- In a medium sauce pan, add your chopped pears and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently so they don't burn. You are looking for the pears to release some of their juices but still hold their shape.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add-in your coconut milk, cashew milk and coconut sugar. Cook for another 3 minutes stirring often. You are looking for any solid coconut cream that may have solidified in the can to melt down and combine with the other wet ingredients.
- Remove the wet ingredients from the heat and carefully pour them into the dry ingredients.
- Give everything a good stir to combine.
- Pour your oat mixture in your prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the edges are a nice golden color.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
For the complete recipe with instructions and pictures, click here!